After honing his culinary skills in Canada and New Zealand over the last two years, Jeremy has returned back to the Gold Coast, where he has previously worked as Head Chef at 1two3 Dining & Lounge Bar in Broadbeach.
Combining his local knowledge with extensive experience, he has brought exciting new changes to our a ’la carte menu at Sage Café. Come and enjoy one of Jeremy’s new winter dishes, like his Mushroom and Marsala Beef Cheek with Mash. Imagine beef cheeks perfectly seared to seal in the flavour before being slow cooked with onions, carrots, celery and a bottle of Marsala wine. The now tender cheeks are served with mushroom sauce and soft mash, just waiting for you to add butter and cream to your taste. It is the perfect choice for a colder winter day.
Mushroom and Marsala Beef Cheek with Mash Potatoes
2kg beef cheek
1 medium onion sliced
2 carrots sliced
1/4 bunch celery sliced
1 bottle Marsala wine
500g button mushrooms
1 box gravy powder
1kg peeled chat potatoes
• Preheat oven to 140 Celsius
• Trim any excess fat from beef cheeks, in a hot pan, or grill, sear and seal the outsides of the beef cheek.
• In a fitting Casserole dish, place the sealed beef cheek, onions, carrots, celery and the bottle of Marsala wine, if the cheeks are less than 90% covered add water to bring up the level. Cover with lid and place in the oven for approximately 4 hrs
• Close to the time of being pulled from the oven, you want to boil the potatoes until soft, drain and then add your butter and cream. and mash. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
• Once the cheeks have finished cooking, strain the liquid into a pot, discarding the onions, carrots and celery. Add the mushrooms to the liquid and simmer until mushrooms are soft. Add gravy powder to the stock to thicken to likeness
• Serve cheeks with mash and mushroom sauce. ENJOY!!!
This is just one of Jeremy’s delicious new dishes that we are serving here at Sage Café. We invite you to come along and experience our new menu – why not give us a call and book in for lunch or dinner. Bon Appetite!